List of Best Chrome Extensions for Digital Marketers Chrome is an impressive program – quick,…
Is WordPress the Best CMS for SEO?
Well, is it? Let’s see.
SEO-Friendly Out of the Box
Just using WordPress as it gives you several advantages in the SEO game. Especially in regards to on-page SEO, the platform allows you take care of a lot of important elements.
- Proper HTML markup — Though written mostly in PHP, WordPress creates HTML pages that are easily understandable by search engines. The latest generation of themes (like Genesis) has even started to take advantage of HTML5 and the improvements it brings.
- SEO-friendly permalinks — WordPress comes with the ability to use so-called “pretty permalinks.” That means links to posts and pages can contain keywords so search engines and visitors understand what they are about. Of course, you can control the content of the link which is the new standard setting in WordPress.
- Title tag and headings — The title of a page (which is usually wrapped in h1 tags) is one of the most important parts of on-page SEO. Together with other heading tags, it informs Google about the information in your content and gives it structure. WordPress allows you to set all of this up without manually writing the necessary HTML tags.
- Easy content creation — Content has become the tool to stand apart in search engines. Thankfully, as a former blogging platform, WordPress makes creating high-quality content as easy as using a word processor. Multimedia content like videos and images are also no problem.
- Optimized images — Talking about images, besides adding photos and other visuals to your content, the WordPress editor also allows you to further optimize them with ALT tags, descriptions, and more.
Heaps of SEO Plugins
In addition to themes and WordPress standard features, there are also loads of WordPress plugins to further improve the SEO capabilities of the platform. Yoast SEO and All-in-One SEO Pack are two plugins that we talk about very often, however, there are plenty more.
These plugins improve certain parts of the WordPress SEO puzzle to make the platform even more effective. For example, the aforementioned Yoast SEO provides you with a detailed breakdown how to improve the on-page SEO for every single piece of content and also includes SEO copywriting tips. Besides that, it also can take care of your robots.txt, XML sitemaps and a lot more.
However, there are also SEO plugins to improve your images, integrate your site with external tools like Google Search Console and Google Analytics and much more.